Denomination of Origin Almansa wines achieved significant praise at the Concours Mondial de Bruxelles, as five of the wineries included in our DO were awarded ten prizes. The Grand Gold Medal earned by the wine Castillo de Almansa 2014 from Bodegas Piqueras was especially remarkable. This prize that boosts the recognition of the winery as one of the best in our country, which earned 18 Grand Gold Medals in all.
The top‑class competition took place in early May, but the list of winners was not revealed until May 13. Here are the prizes received by Denomination of Origin Almansa wineries:
- Grand Gold Medal to Bodegas Piqueras: Castillo de Almansa Selección 2014.
- Silver Medal to Bodegas Cano: Cañada del Soto Verdejo 2018.
- Gold Medal to Bodegas Piqueras: Castillo de Almansa Reserva 2016.
- Silver Medal Bodega Santa Cruz de Alpera: Rupestre de Alpera Garnacha Tintorera 2014.
- Silver Medal to Tintoralba- Cooperativa Agraria Santa Quiteria: Tintoralba Ecológico Selección 2016.
- Gold Medal to Bodegas Piqueras: Castillo de Almansa Roble 2017.
- Silver Medal to Mgwines Group: Adaras Lluvia Blanco 2018.
- Silver Medal to Bodega Santa Cruz de Alpera: Cueva del Chamán Sauvignon Blanc 2018.
- Silver Medal to Bodegas Piqueras: Piqueras Gold Label 2016.
- Gold Medal to Bodegas Piqueras: Piqueras Old Vines 2017